Active360 December NEwsletter
Santas set to make a splash
It's time to dust off your white beards, red cloaks and hats and join in the huge fun and frivolity better known as the famous Active360 Santa SUP, our annual outing down the Thames in honour of Father Christmas.
Jot down a note in your diary now to be at Kew Bridge for 11.30 am on Saturday 17th when the fun on the water will start with a splash... of colour.
Fancy dress reindeer and elves are also welcome to join the two-hour paddle, which is open to returning and new paddlers, and which will head down to Barnes Bridge. We'll stop at the pub on the way back for a winter warmer, and mulled wine will be served at Kew Bridge Arches at the end. Santa also suggests an informal bite to eat at a nearby eatery afterwards.
This year's event (£20) is a fundraiser for WaterTrek Foundation, www.watertrek.org the organisation dedicated to fighting plastic pollution in our rivers and oceans, with £10 pledged for every ticket sold Book HO-HO-HERE.
Your christmas shopping sorted
With just a few day's shopping left till Christmas the pressure's ON to find that special gift for your loved-ones. Well, have we got great news for you! Now the pressure's OFF again, thanks to Active360's bumper Christmas shopping round up, all available right now at the click of a mouse. Just put your feet up and start shopping.
Active360's top 12 gift ideas for paddleboarders
1. PADDLE MITTS - These Crewroom Elemental SUP gloves are great for cold and wet weather. The mitten style gloves use neoprene to protect your hands from the wind and rain and they include great details like the pull on tabs and fleece lining for bitterly cold days. We particularly like these as they can be used for other outdoor activities like cycling! MORE INFO
2. NRS WETSOCKS - Protect your feet and keep them warm without the bulk of other wetsocks. The NRS Hydroskin wetsocks are the ultimate wetshoe liner. MORE INFO
3. NRS WAIST LEASH - The NRS Quick Release SUP Leash is the perfect crossover coiled board leash that's ideal to use in whitewater as well as flat water paddling. The NRS SUP Leash features a quick release waist belt so you can safely disengage from the leash in an emergency. MORE INFO
4. NRS NINJA PERSONAL FLOATATION DEVICE - The low profile NRS NINJA PFD is so comfortable, you'll forget you have it on! Designed for freestyle kayakers and other active boaters, this compact life jacket gives you total freedom of movement. MORE INFO
5. NRS 3.0 ULTRA JANE WETSUIT - This wetsuit is great for extending your paddling season into the cold winter months. MORE INFO
6. NRS 3.0 ULTRA JOHN WETSUIT - This wetsuit has more features than you can shake a paddle at, including a 3mm Terraprene neoprene which provides outstanding insulation in cold conditions. MORE INFO
7. NAISH ONE AIR 12'6" (N1SCO) - This board is the ultimate inflatable board for all round cruising, long distance touring and N1SCO One design racing. Can be purchased with or without a NAISH paddle. MORE INFO
8. NRS BUCKLE 1" HD BUMPER BUCKLE STRAPS - Protect your equipment when moving it from scrapes and dinks with these NRS 1" HD Buckle Bumper Straps. MORE INFO
9. GIFT VOUCHERS - Active360 Gift Vouchers make an ideal present this Christmas. They are valid for 12 months and can be purchased for any lesson or package we offer. MORE INFO
10. SWIMCELL WATERPROOF CASES - This is a 100% waterproof case offering protection from water, sand, dirt and dust. You can use your phone as usual while it is in the case to make calls and take photos. MORE INFO
11. NAISH HELE VARIO PADDLE - This carbon/glass paddle is the perfect 3 piece paddle for all-around cruising. MORE INFO
12.THAMES SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE COURSE 1 VOUCHERS - Get qualified to SUP the tidal Thames with Port of London Authority certified courses. MORE INFO
GET FIRED UP!
Do you work in an office where there's a competative environment? Do your sales teams harbour secret rivalries? Do you ever race to beat the lunchtime rush by sneaking to the canteen early?
Well, next year Britain's biggest SUP school Active360 is launching an amazing project on the water that will harness all your competative spirits and channel your 'inner fire' into a spectacular event that'll prove huge fun for you and your colleagues.
Imagine a 16-foot stand-up paddleboard that's long enough for FOUR racers to line up on. Add crowds of cheering friends and fans on the bank. And high-adrenaline heats between two sprinting teams. Welcome to Active360's Dragon SUP Racing 2017 season!
Planned to launch at Paddington Basin or on the Thames at Putney or Kew, more details of our Dragon SUP Racing opportunities for corporate teams will be unveiled next spring. For more details check out our Facebook page. Don't forget to catch all our other news and special offers on Twitter and Instagram.
The dragon boards will also be available for hire for stag and hen parties, birthday party celebrations and other corporate events. So watch this space - and if you'd like to pre-register your company or a team to take part in our Dragon Racing series, or if you want more details about hiring dragon boards for an event, email us today on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.
Sardinia: stop press
There are just a few days left to catch the early-bird discount special prices available for our SUP holiday to Sardinia next April. Please note: there are savings to be made now but the window for cheaper prices closes on December 31.
The 7-day trip, (April 10-17), costs €795 euros, but there's an early-bird offer of €735 euros if you buy before December 31. Our 5-day trip for €570 euros has an early-bird price of €520 euros. To book and for more details, see here.