August 1 - 7 2019, 7 days of Paddleboarding and sailing on the Lady of Avenel
Escape with us and explore the Hebrides with SUP and sailing. Our exciting voyage will begin in Oban, and will take us towards the awe-inspiring Isle of Skye
Our home for one week will be the elegant Tall Ship, the Lady of Avenel. For more information on the ship visit, http://www.ladyofavenel.com/. 2019's trip will start and end in Oban and will be full of exciting adventures, scenery and activites.
2017's journey took us on a journey from Oban harbour, to the geologically serene island of Mull, full of unforgettable locks and welcoming bays. We were then greeted by Iona's rich history, Fingals breath-taking basalt column caves, Ulvas inquisitive wildlife and Tobermory for our final night. View our video on Youtube to see last year's trip in action - https://youtu.be/B3VGnWtSUoc
2019's trip will contain more adventures, courses, and the chance to take part in protecting the environment. So what have we got in store for you?:
- Unique SUP explorations through peaceful locks, bays and coastal stretches
- SUP clinics and lessons covering: paddling techniques, racing, long distance paddles, kit & safety and more
- Coastal Skills and Knowledge course - this will cover everything you will need to know to navigate, sail, communicate and stay safe whilst exploring a coastal environment on board
- Onshore excursions including: walks, hikes, distillery visits, nights out and more
- Unfortunately, plastic pollution is beinnging to have a negative impact on the Hebridean coastlines. We will be taking-action by undertaking a geo-mapping exercise to identify the areas most affected by plastic pollution. Our findings will be posted on our website to help raise awareness
- On-board activites including sailing the Lady of Avenel and fishing
Book before the 1st March 2019 and save £100 with our early bird discount of only £1195 for 1 week. Prices include food, accommodation, SUP equipment, safety equipment and coaching. For detailed information on the trip and prices, please take a look at our brochure.
This year we were joined by travel blogger, Peter, from Atlas and Boots. Read about his 2017 SUP and Sail experience with Active360 - https://www.atlasandboots.com/learning-to-paddleboard-in-scotland/
Book here here to secure your place (search for the 1st August 2019)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com